This is a simple chocolate mousse filling that is delicious in tart cups, crepes, and as a standalone dessert.
1 tsp. knox gelatin
1 Tbsp. cold water
2 Tbsp. boiling water
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup cold heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Sprinkle Knox over 1 Tbsp. cold water and let sit for a minute
2. Add 2 Tbsp. boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved
3. Mix sugar and cocoa
4. Add cream and vanilla to sugar mixture
5. Beat cream to stiff peaks
6. Stir in Knox mixture and blend well
7. Chill for at least an hour. Will keep for several days in refrigerator.
To make the fun “star” shaped white chocolate garnish, simply warm a square of white chocolate, or 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips in the microwave. Spoon the melted chocolate into a small zippered plastic bag and zip closed.
Snip off one corner of the bag and pipe the melted chocolate onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, forming a triangle.
Pipe a second triangle at a 45-degree angle to the first.
Let the chocolate set until firm.