I no longer have to go to my sisters house in Idaho to eat his baby. Why have I waited so long to bring this to my own kitchen? I recently shared this at a neighborhood gathering and we now have a whole crew of Utah Fans to share the recipe with.
It is very simple! Bake your favorite chocolate cake mix on a cookie sheet and let cool while you make the creamy filling. (The ingredients will surprise you!) Spread the creamy goodness and refrigerate a few hours or overnight to fully dissolve the sugar. Then make the cocoa frosting and serve cold.
It will be your new favorite! Kids will love you. (And there is a secret stash of wrapped single portions hidden in the package that looks like it contains Brussels Sprouts in the freezer! Ha!
- One Devils food cake mix. (or your favorite kind)
- CREAMY FILLING:
- ½ cup utter
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup milk
- CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- ½ cup butter
- 3 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2½ teaspoon hot water
- Make the cake mix according to box directions. Bake on a large cookie sheet with rim for 15-20 minutes. baking times vary in different ovens.
- Filling: combine butter, shortening, sugar and flour in an electric mixer and whip for 15 minutes to create fluffy texture. then gently mix in vanilla and milk until combined. Spread this mixture over cooled cake. Refrigerate at least two hour to help dissolve sugar.
- Icing: Mellt butter and Chocolate together and cool to room temperature.add powdered sugar, egg, vanilla and hot water and combine until smooth. spread evenly over the filling layer. refrigerate.
- Best wen served cold.