If you love chocolate, you’ll love this simple, simple recipe for a delicious chocolate cookie that can be stirred up in 3 minutes flat. Baking will take a few more minutes, but this recipe is easy to fix in a rush, and will make you look like the Mom who has everything put together, even when you don’t. Keep a German Chocolate cake mix stashed in the pantry, and a few macadamia nuts in the freezer for emergency situations, like the inevitable moment when your remembers that he forgot to tell you you’re in charge of the treat for Cub Scout Pack Meeting, and it starts in 30 minutes.
- 1 German Chocolate cake mix
- ⅔ Cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Mix together until well blended.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes on an ungreased cookie
- sheet. Let cool.
You can make the recipe a little bit more exotic by adding in any of your favorite mix-ins. The photo above shows German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies with some macadamia nuts mixed in, but you could substitute other ingredients instead–pecans, yogurt-covered raisins, or bits of chunked-up Andes mints.
Another favorite “Macadamia Nut” cookie we love has a simple, plain chocolate chip cookie-style base with white chocolate ships substituted for the milk chocolate chips, and again, some delicious macadamia nuts in the mix.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup shortening
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
One (12-ounce) bag white chocolate chips or equivalent chunks
1. Cream butter, shortening, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and oats.
4. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and blend until incorporated.
5. Gently fold in nuts and white chocolate chips.
6. Drop (or scoop) walnut-sized balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.